After a virus ,losing my restore points, WMP 10 will not let me play mpg`s off the web. I have uninstalled WMP10 and downloaded and re-installed it but the same happens. I am 99% sure my system is clean. After I try to play an mpg the WMP just stops at the connecting and stays there, if I close the program my comp runs slow and on closing down it says my WMP is still running. After trying again and closing it down I opened Task Manager, this said the program was not running under the application tab, but under the Processes running tab it was running. Any help would be gatefully appreciated
John

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

scan computer using spybot S&D (free download) and ad-aware. if this shows nothing then i suggest trying to update WMP.

Tayspen

I have 1 item using Spybot as follows:

sys009 HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Intralaunch.maincontrol

Jumping to location reveals the following

Name Type Data
ab Default REG_SZ ( value not set )
ab @ REG_SZ {AE9DCB17-F804-11D2-A44A-00201-82C1446 }

Spyware shows clean and WMP shows no updates available as it was only downloaded 2 days ago.

I have 1 item using Spybot as follows:

sys009 HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Intralaunch.maincontrol

Jumping to location reveals the following

Name Type Data
ab Default REG_SZ ( value not set )
ab @ REG_SZ {AE9DCB17-F804-11D2-A44A-00201-82C1446 }

Spyware shows clean and WMP shows no updates available as it was only downloaded 2 days ago.

if your saying that spybot found somthing..delete it as ling as you no thats it isnt spyware in a critical system file...if it wont delete rtry deleting in safemode

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.