nschessnerd 0 Posting Whiz in Training

Hi

I run a game server that can have upwards of 100 people connected to a game at a time. Recently I was connected to a server via rdp when my local internet (not the server's internet) cut out. So I rebooted my local router and reconnected to the rdp only to discover the 100+ people that were connected moments before had lost connection. I checked through windows logs and contacted the server company, but nothing hinted to why this happened, plus its way too much of a coincidence that my local connection died at the same time everyone lost their connection.

Has anyone seen this before? Dropping a connection on the client side of rdp causes every other client to loose connection? I have not had any lan issues with the server and nothing on the server hints at why this happened. Maybe me loosing connection caused some kind of lan adapter overload trying to figure out what happened?

So basically, Is my assumption correct that a client dropping an rdp connection causes others connected to server services to also drop connections? Is there any fix for this or should I just not use RDP?

Server info: windows server 07 web edition x64, 2.83 quad, 4G ram, 100Lan