Hi,

Would it be possible :idea: to edit the "new" menu,

you know you right click on desktop and it says new then you choose text doc, shortcut ect.

if so could it be done saftley (with out regitry editor)

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Unfortunately I only know of registry tweeks ... you can have it from ...

HKCR/*/shellex/contextmenuhandlers

Oh I see, ok then i have another question. What would be the best userfriendly/safest windows Xp tweaking tool :?:

Its called Shell Programming Google for "windows shell programming" and you will get other hits too that explain with examples.

I was think somthing like tweak ui or is that not a good one. i am not sure that i undestand what u sent me

that link shows how to add your own menu items to the menu that appears when you right-click on the desktop.

that link shows how to add your own menu items to the menu that appears when you right-click on the desktop.

well i cannot find where it says that can u please direct link me

In the link to Shell Programmer's Guide, navigate to the link Shell Basics: Extending the Shell.

Here is some more information (tutorials) that may be helpful. But you need a farily good grasp of C and C++ languages.

In the link to Shell Programmer's Guide, navigate to the link Shell Basics: Extending the Shell.

Here is some more information (tutorials) that may be helpful. But you need a farily good grasp of C and C++ languages.

Ok, thank you for your help, i will look into it even thouggh i am more of a C# kinda guy.

thanks

-T

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.