I am running windows xp home, i am the administrater and when logged on i can print, no problem, but when my kids log on they can not print, nothing happens, is there anything that i can change to put this right so that i can start spending a fortune on paper and ink as the kids run riot with paint and the internet etc? :cool:

wiganman,

I can't give you a reasonable explanation as to the reason for the error, but I can offer my plan of action, had I been in your shoes.

It may have something to do with an option which allows installation for all users or current. I would reinstall the driver from the OEM, not MS plut&pray. If that didn't solve the issue, I would change your children's account privileges and install the printer under their account names. This should work. If not, try printing from their accounts as admin. Again not go? Check the OEM website for help.

J_

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.