When I load Xp everytime a pop come up that says can not locate System32.exe. Please go to Start and search for system32.exe. How can I fix this so it doesnt show up because after I click ok my pc operates normaly without any problems.

When I load Xp everytime a pop come up that says can not locate System32.exe. Please go to Start and search for system32.exe. How can I fix this so it doesnt show up because after I click ok my pc operates normaly without any problems.

You have a partially-installed or partially-removed virus. In a case like this, a user should start by going to Google (example) first, then come here with your question.

More information would be helpful. Which anti-virus are you running? How often do you scan for adware/spyware? Which firewall are you using?

You should also check out my Malware, virus, and startup information and tools page, as well. Help us help you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.