I support a small/medium size network that consists of 3 2003 Standard servers and about 20 or so workstations. We use an outside host for our email.

About two weeks ago our email host switched up their mail servers and introduced better spam control software. Since they did this, a couple of our staff have run into an odd problem. On occasion, they've been receiving multiple instances of the same message. For example, one of the staff received a message from so and so out in Michigan. Instead of receiving just one copy, she received three copies of the same message and the time stamp was all at the same exact time. Now it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to make it an annoyance.

I talked to one of the people over at the place that hosts our email and he said he has absolutely no clue as to what would cause something like this. He never heard of such a problem. The guy said they did away with their Exchange servers and went with something(I forget what) that runs on Linux. Also, all our staff are using Outlook 2003.

Anyone ever hear of such a problem? I have found absolutely nothing on it.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I support a small/medium size network that consists of 3 2003 Standard servers and about 20 or so workstations. We use an outside host for our email.

About two weeks ago our email host switched up their mail servers and introduced better spam control software. Since they did this, a couple of our staff have run into an odd problem. On occasion, they've been receiving multiple instances of the same message. For example, one of the staff received a message from so and so out in Michigan. Instead of receiving just one copy, she received three copies of the same message and the time stamp was all at the same exact time. Now it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to make it an annoyance.

I talked to one of the people over at the place that hosts our email and he said he has absolutely no clue as to what would cause something like this. He never heard of such a problem. The guy said they did away with their Exchange servers and went with something(I forget what) that runs on Linux. Also, all our staff are using Outlook 2003.

Anyone ever hear of such a problem? I have found absolutely nothing on it.

One wors Spam.

One wors Spam.

Actually, its not spam. Checked the messages myself. They came from people they were expecting messages from, and it wasn't the user hit the send button twenty times over.

But thanks for the suggestion :mrgreen:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.