I am so hoping that someone can help me b4 i go mad i cam so close to throwing my PC

It all started yesterday!!!!!!

Yesterday i was fowarding emails to someone and had fowarded about 3 and then it kicked me out and to a screen where i had to copy these 8 characters mixture of words and numbers, i did this and then it asked me to input my email and password did this and again it took me back to the character screen!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I then accsessed my hotmail through my favourites and again could read and open email but when i tried to DELETE and foward it kicked me back to the character screen again, again i did what it asked and did it 20 x b4 getting mad :mad:

I decided to log out of hotmail completley & take it off my favourites and try again NO JOY!!! I sent a email to the tech team and had no response

Last night i thought id try again, couldnt get into my hotmail still, so delted my cookies etc & tried again STILL NO JOY!!

I can get into MSN messenger and chat and i can see my 112 unread emails but as soon as i click on 1 it takes me back to that character screen!! I wonder if it was my PC so tried on my partners hotmail account, fine it worked ok no prob logging in or anything!! So i sent the tech team another email asking them to relpy back to his!!!

Again this morning no reply and still i cant get into my hotmail, i have tried logging out of everything and going through on www..hotmail.com, tried on messnger, tried clicking on my emails when it opens my msn the page where it tells you what the weather is like in your area!!!

Its driving me mad, i rang microsoft and he said to go on the page msn.co.uk/msn help & click on the hotmail bit, it does say are you stuck on a loop the loop thing with the character box which i am, i must ahve copied them charcaters and put my email address in about 100 x now!! It have done what it says and still i cant get in! The guy i spoke to said if it didnt work then to contact the tech team, which i told him i had done 2 x and no response he said thats all i could do :( :mad:

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES I HAVE ALMOST CRIED WHERE ITS FRUSTRAING ME SO MUCH, I HAVE HAD THIS B3 BUT AFTER 1 ATTEMPT OF COPYING THE CHARACTERS I GOT INTO MY HOTMAIL!!!!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP A LADY IN DESTRESS

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

WoW, hmm. Serious problems there. It took approximately 72 hours before the Hotmail Tech Team responded to my E-mail.

So I would wait a little longer on the response, and if it's working fine from a friends computer and not yours then there may be something in your temporariy internet files. Make sure you delete them +all offline content as well. Not just your cookies. Clear your history, and try it then.

WoW, hmm. Serious problems there. It took approximately 72 hours before the Hotmail Tech Team responded to my E-mail.

So I would wait a little longer on the response, and if it's working fine from a friends computer and not yours then there may be something in your temporariy internet files. Make sure you delete them +all offline content as well. Not just your cookies. Clear your history, and try it then.

WOW 72 hours really as long as that!!!!!

The accsessing my hotmail and my partners was off the home PC cant get into mine but can his & there both hotmail accounts.

How do i go about deleting all the files on & off online??

Open Internet Explorer --> tools --> Internet Options --> delete cookies --> delete files (select the box "delete all offline content") --> clear history

Also let's empty your temp folder.

open "My Computer" --> {Tools --> folder options --> VIEW [tab] --> show hidden files and folders --> ok} --> (now you should be back at the "My computer" display screen) --> Local Disk C: --> Documents and Settings --> "Username" --> local settings --> Temp --> (Now that your inside the temp folder) --> Press "Ctrl" + "A" {this selects everything in the folder} --> Now click delete.

Wait for your computer to finish destroying all of these documents, pictures, web information, and other items.

When it's finished Empty your Recycle Bin. That should free up a fair amount of space for you too. Maybe even give your PC a little more speed. Depending on how much was deleted.

--> Local Disk C: --> Documents and Settings --> "Username" --> local settings --> Temp --> (Now that your inside the temp folder) --> Press "Ctrl" + "A" {this selects everything in the folder} --> Now click delete.

Wait for your computer to finish destroying all of these documents, pictures, web information, and other items.

When it's finished Empty your Recycle Bin. That should free up a fair amount of space for you too. Maybe even give your PC a little more speed. Depending on how much was deleted.

Got to here!! In my computer i have

HARD DISK DRIVES

BOOT C
BACKUP D
RECOVER E

If i click on c it says this folder should not been delted it has folders in it to help keep your pc working or something??

c:\Documents and Settings\USER\local settings\temp

Don't delete the temp folder just its contents.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.