Hi I have been experiencing a problem with my HP HDX 16 Laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. I have had it connected to a Samsung HDTV as an extended monitor using an HDMI connection and up until a couple months ago everything was running fine. What has been happening is that whenever i restart my computer for whatever reason, once it boots up my HDTV shows the login screen and approximately 30 seconds later, the screen defaults back to my laptop screen. This forces me to login and manually change the display settings back to extended desktop etc...

I have determined that both the HDMI and VGA connections experience the same issue so it is not isolated. I am afraid that my graphics card could be damage or becoming damaged, but i am not sure i believe this at this moment.

If anyone has any ideas as to why my display settings could be resetting themselves upon restart i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

image reseting itself cause the graphics cant support the settings try to reset the screen resolution,, 1024 x 768 or higher until it is compatible and not resetting anymore....

ill give it a try but i have it set at the recommended native setting...

try to update your video card driver....

I did and nothing changed..

Try using another computer and see if there is no problem your laptop graphic card could be old and need to be change

Try using another computer and see if there is no problem your laptop graphic card could be old and need to be change

most laptop graphic device chips are not changeable

Mine can but i am not sure about his

Mine can but i am not sure about his

so, you find out what laptop he has ,look it up ,and then advise to change it if its changeable

If settings are changing the most likely cause is an infection. What antivirus and antimalware software do you have and have you scanned with them recently? If so, what was found by them?

This problem you are facing is common but are often solve when they plug in and out. Somethins is wrong with your laptop. Do a scan first like what Rik suggested. If you have no antivirus software we can also recommend you some

I am using Norton Security Suite that comcast provides. Also i have MalwareBytes and both have not found anything wrong to my knowledge that it hasnt already fixed. Do you guys ahve any other suggestions? Preferably free ones.

thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.