im running windows xp home edition. So i can be playing a game or searching the inter net and my computer shuts downs and restarts by it self? I just dont get it i ran virus scans and spyware , not a problem found. what can i do to stop it from restarting out of no reason?? :( help me

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

how many times did this happen? just once? MS forced a windows update recently... the WMF exploit.... if not, check your error logs...

control panel -> administrative tools -> event viewer -> system logs & applicaton logs... is there anything in there about your computer shutting down?

how many times did this happen? just once? MS forced a windows update recently... the WMF exploit.... if not, check your error logs...

control panel -> administrative tools -> event viewer -> system logs & applicaton logs... is there anything in there about your computer shutting down?

it happins alot like everyday , sometimes doesnt happin for long time and sometimes it happins over and over. To write this e-mail ihad to go on my brother's computer cause today i can barbly do anything cause it will shut off . I checked error log and doesnt say anything about my computer shutting down.

Have you checked the temperature of your PC? Sometimes Windows XP can turn off automatically to protect your hardware. You can turn this feature off but I definitely do not advise it if your PC is overheating.

hello! my computer is shuting down radomly and restarting what could i do to stop it.

no its not getting hot

It have not turn off yet

hello! my computer is shuting down radomly and restarting what could i do to stop it.

Please give more info. What are you doing when it happens? What OS are you running? How long after you boot up your computer does it seem to restart? Is there a blue screen or error screen before it shuts off?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.