I had installed Windows 7. I also downloaded driver for it. But when I installed the graphics driver the computer does not work. I can not boot the windows CD also. Can anyone say what is the actual problem? What can I do now?
Please help.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

try hitting f8 on bootup ans see if you can get into safe mode to uninstall the video driver you used,if it will not boot at all let me know, is this onboard video or a addin video card

Yea pressing the f8 key I can boot the windows 7 again. But now which driver can I use for my widows?
Please reply.

not sure you did'nt tell us the make and model of it,also did you uninstall the drive and try rebooting into normal mode

not sure you did'nt tell us the make and model of it

The model of what you want to know?

did you uninstall the drive and try rebooting into normal mode

I had boot the windows pressing f8 key. Is it necessary to reboot my windows?
Please reply.

the make and model of the computer , if its a onboard video device ,but if its a PCI-e or AGP addin video device then the make and model # of the video device ,
you were suppose to boot to safe mode to uninstall the video device driver ,then reboot windows to regular mode to see if it fixed your booting problem

the make and model of the computer , if its a onboard video device ,but if its a PCI-e or AGP addin video device then the make and model # of the video device

I dont know about the model of my computer. I am very new in this section. Can you say how to see or know the model?

To try to help!
The computer has maker (HP, Dell etc) and usually a model number on the rear or underneath.
The video driver is a piece of software installed (in the case of most win 7 computers by win 7) but may be installed by the manufacturer of the video card (a card or chip that drives the screen.)

The safe mode is a cut down form of windows to allow you to do 'techie or engioneering things) like change the video driver or remove or add some special software. In safe mode the windows uses a 'generic' video driver (ie one that will work but not necessarily the one that was installed by you(or the manufacturer. Caperjack is absolutly right that if there is a video driver that is not working then you have to remove it whilst in safe mode. right click on hte screen (empty space) and go to properties nd see what video driver / software is actually installed nd you may be able to go back and return to time before. If there is no go back in the properties for the video then you may be able to go back using restore (if in doubt google it or use windows help ) to see what to do.
BOL
M

Oh! yea , I have got it.
It is PCI Express* X16 Graphics connector.
Please say what to do now.

Oh! yea , I have got it.
It is PCI Express* X16 Graphics connector.
Please say what to do now.

not enough info ,there are hundreds of different pci xpress video cards

Requiremants for Windows7...:
1 GB RAM for 32-bit. 2 GB for 64-bit
1 GHz or faster CPU(processor)
128 MB Aero Capable Video Card(VRAM)
DVD Player
16-20 GB Hard drive space

Requiremants for Windows7...:
1 GB RAM for 32-bit. 2 GB for 64-bit
1 GHz or faster CPU(processor)
128 MB Aero Capable Video Card(VRAM)
DVD Player
16-20 GB Hard drive space

requirements are one thing, available win7 device drivers from all vendors is most important

@ Skilly Why you have post the same thing in my two different post such as Dual Boot and Whats wrong?

not enough info ,there are hundreds of different pci xpress video cards

My Desktop Board does not support Windows 7. Can I use Windows &. I already set up Widows 7. What to do now?
Please reply.

i used win7 on a board that unsupported intel video chipset ,every now and then the video display would lock up ,i would reboot and it would work again for a bit ,and iused it for quite some time that way

what you can also try is go to Advanced tab of System Properties (r-clck, computer).
click 'settings' button by performance. For the "visual effects" tab, choose "adjust for best performance". This will turn off windows Aero.

or buy a video card,
or Vista might be ok to use.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.