okay, so I burned this ISO on a dvd as a bootable through nero. I used a guide so I guess I did everything right there(I am a massive computer newbie by the way). Anyway, I restart my pc with the disk in the drive and it starts booting and stuff then in like 5-8 seconds it stops at "[DR-DOS] A:/>" and a thingy is flashing like wanting me to write something, but I cannot press ANYTHING. I just ended up taking the disc out and coming here. So, what might be the problem here?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

care to tell us what the ISO was suppose to be ,or where you got it .

"[DR-DOS] A:/>" and a thingy is flashing like wanting me to write something,

i suggest you go to the website where you got the iso and see how to use it .

"so I burned this ISO on a dvd as a bootable through nero".
Don't use the Make a bootable disk option in Nero, use the Burn an Image option. If the iso is bootable, then so will be your disk.

Based on your post you are trying to boot an image of Windows XP. Just burn the ISO to a disk using the "Burn Image to Disk" and not with the "Make it boot-able" option from Nero. Nero is adding DR DOS to the disk to make it boot-able and a Win XP ISO is already boot-able,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.