Hi all,
My friend wants to get connected internet with a netsetter pendrive device. when he connect the device to his usb, a msg box appears.(plz look the image). he suddenly pressed the ok button. but that msg box not only dissappear but also multiplied into several instances. At the same time his pc's task manager window shows a task named pjveaw.exe. He asked me help him to find what program is this pjveaw and how to disable it. What do i do ?
vinod

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

After some searching on the terms pjview and pjveaw (as spelled in your captures), I have to think you have a virus infection... :-(

It could be the error from the device itself.. Did it work on other computer other than the problem one you're having...

Hi, rubberman and flagstar
Thanks. I too think it's a virus. And i am going to format that pc tomorrow.
-vinod

Also, bear in mind that thumb (usb flash) drives are a VERY common vector for getting virus infections these days... :-( IE, you might have got this from the device itself!

Also, bear in mind that thumb (usb flash) drives are a VERY common vector for getting virus infections these days... :-( IE, you might have got this from the device itself!

but the device is a wireless usb device, not a storage device

i think the netsetter pendrive device is a g3/g4/cell signal wireless type device , like this one ,http://tinyurl.com/d6sjdm3
,but i could be wrong ,and likely am..did they install drivers for the device before plugging it into the computer

Hi all,
I think you are right rubberman. the virus came from that device. because my friend didn't saw that msg box before.
-vinod

Hi all,
I think you are right rubberman. the virus came from that device. because my friend didn't saw that msg box before.
-vinod

if the device is the one in the link in my last post ,then it didn't put the virus on the computer as it's not a storage device ,so it could not have a virus on it,plain and simple

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.