Hi all,
My fiend is facing this problem.(please look the image). If he press ignore, installation will continue and after all he can't update the virus engine database. Then he searched the registry to find that particular key but he can't find that.Sombody please help us.
-vinod

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Then he searched the registry to find that particular key but he can't find that.

Hi Vinod,

That sounds like the problem - you may need to add that registry key. Do you know how to do that?

If not, I can help you. Let me know.

Cheers :)
PP

Hi PhilliePhan,
Thanks. I am also using the same software which my friend trying to install. So what if i export that particular registry key and send to him ?.Is he able to add that key to his registry?.
-vinod

Hi PhilliePhan,
Thanks. I am also using the same software which my friend trying to install. So what if i export that particular registry key and send to him ?.Is he able to add that key to his registry?.
-vinod

You could probably do that.
You might run into problems if the AppDataDir value is different for his setup, but a reinstall should work because the key will now exists and the value can written anew.

It is easier just to have him open a command prompt and create the reg key.
At command prompt, type:

REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info ENTER
Note it is REG<space>ADD<space>HKEY

Then, you'll need to reinstall as before and it should work this time.

If that fails, you'll need to completely remove ESET from the system (All files and reg keys) and start from scratch.

Cheers :)
PP

Hi PhilliePhan,
Thanks. Let me try

Hi PhilliePhan,
Thanks. Let me try

You're welcome.
Let me know how it turns out.

PP:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.