can anyone tell me how to turn on file sharing through a login script. it has to be enabled through the script. i need to turn a lot of computer's file sharing option on. OS: Windows Xp
Thanks

Shane

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

can anyone tell me how to turn on file sharing through a login script. it has to be enabled through the script. i need to turn a lot of computer's file sharing option on. OS: Windows Xp
Thanks

Shane

I don't work with XP, mainly red hat 8.0, and ME.. Perhaps you can search through the control panel.

I use Windows XP, and the only way that I'm aware of to share files is to right-click the files that you want to share, then select "Sharing and Security".

I have several Xp machines here at home and I have them all set up on a small network connection. As long as they are all listed on the same domain name, i.e. "my home network", you should be able to access files across each machine as I do. You can set up priveliges for each user or have everyone with admin abilities. Xp has a network set-up wizard in the network connection window.

oops - forgot to say that this sets up a network bridge from machine to machine. so a seperate network connection will be enabled - one for your regular network (broadband, adsl, etc) (if applicable), and one for the network bridge.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.