I am running windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.I am finding that some of the programs in my Startup list are not running at startup.
One (for example) seems to be in my personal Startup folder (so it runs for me only) and another is defined so it runs for all users of the pc.
This seems to be consistent, but I have just found one program that sometimes run and sometimes doesn't.
I can't figure out just what is happening!
msconfig shows 16 program on the Startup tab.
Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

care to share what program it is that will not run sometimes

One program is Everything (global search), another is Karen's Time Sync (clock synchronisation)

sorry ,i thought they might be 2 program that i use ,those are 2 i wouldn't even have a need for .
try the Windows autoruns program to check and make sure they are in the startup to run .
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902

Everything is in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Time Sync.lnk is in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

excpt for the obvisous ,how do you know they are not running ,
like how would you know that the time sync wasn't syncing the time

Looking at the list of running programs from the little up arrow on the taskbar, and checking whether the process names were visible in Task Manager. I'm not that stupid!
Anyway, I've just found out how to do it using the Task Scheduler in W7 (that seems to have evolved massively from XP)
So the problem no longer exits, thanks anyway.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.