High y'all ,

As a new member to the community I hope someone out there can help me with these 2 issues...

1, I am getting the good ol' error 1000 every 5 mins on my Win 2000 Domain controllers and have done every patch/suggestion that Microsoft have recommended and some from a couple of other forums. - Still happening !!!! This is driving me nuts !!!! Has anyone out there any bright ideas? - trashing the server might be an only alternative but the least attractive !!!!!!

2, I cannot solve the error 1053 re the timely fashion problem when starting exchange 2003 info store. No info store -> no mailboxes etc.
The M/s patches are for .Net SP1 patch but it is already running ( allegedly) and has had no effect.

I'm in Deep probs with these 2.

Help !!!!!

Peteypops

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Looks to me like your account is corrupted. Error 1000 suggests failed to load/create your account. Try loging on as a "administrator" (that's user name, password is yours to know) to create new account for your self and log on to that new account from now on.

Looks to me like your account is corrupted. Error 1000 suggests failed to load/create your account. Try loging on as a "administrator" (that's user name, password is yours to know) to create new account for your self and log on to that new account from now on.

I have tried doing this and still have no difference - the application log fills up with grim regularity with the same 2 messages.

But I appreciate your thoughts....

I have tried doing this and still have no difference - the application log fills up with grim regularity with the same 2 messages.

But I appreciate your thoughts....

You did say it is a Win 2k? But you didn't mention is it SP4?

You did say it is a Win 2k? But you didn't mention is it SP4?

The server is Win2k SP4 and all up to date with the latest patches.

It's a thought, but interestingly enough on the Experts website there seems to be an awful lot of people having the same issue. This is quite a small network with only around a dozen users. All of the M/s suggestions seem to go with permissions on the sysvol file share and child folders and all of mine are OK according to what they stipulate.

Thanks for your help anyway, my friend, I'll just keep looking for now and as a last resort rebuild the server.

Anyway, there must be a discription in your event log like:

Type : Error
Event Id : 1000
Description : Windows cannot unload your registry file. If you have a roaming profile, your settings are not replicated. Contact your administrator.
Detail: Access is denied

If you post it I can look it up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.