Yesterday I crashed my Windows 7 when I attempted to install debian in another partition. Today I reinstalled Windows 7 by repartitioning and reformatting the hard drive. After reinstalling Chrome I noticed it retained all my previous bookmarks and settinbs. How can that be? Does Chrome keep that somewhere in a cloud? I didn't do anything other than reinstall Chrome a few minutes ago.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Yes,chrome IS in the cloud.The chromebook only memory is RAM for example.But you need to be logged in, it's on google's servers.

Your chrome bookmarks, passwords and other data are synced with your google account. That way, you can still access your data in another computer, provided you log in your account. I think they are planning on integrating android browser data into that sync as well (or they already have, and I haven't heard about it xD).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.