Hi all,

Just to make sure everyone is aware of the new update of Microsoft that checks for the authenticity of the OS installed, once updated can't be removed.

Batter look out if you are using a pirated one.

You always can choose not to update if you like.

Cheers,
:!::!: :!:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Just for everyone to know i got this from other forum, but with the only intation to help.:idea:

Just one day after Microsoft enforces its Genuine Advantage program to stop illegal copies of Windows,
hackers say the validation scheme is defeated. Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday pushed its WGA program over
the Internet, hoping to thwart users running illegal or pirated copies of Windows XP and Windows 2000.

However, online enthusiast sites reported on Thursday that the verification method had been broken in
24 hours. According to one site, the hack is simply a short JavaScript string that is pasted into the
address bar of Internet Explorer before users make a choice in one of the Windows Update screens.

Before pressing 'Custom' or 'Express' buttons paste this text to the address bar and press enter:

CODE

javascript:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all')

It turns off the trigger for the key check.

WGA certifies that a user's system is running a genuine and legal copy.

This certification is now needed before users can receive non-security updates from Microsoft's Windows
Update, Microsoft Update and Download Center sites.

The Windows Genuine Advantage program targets Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Tablet
editions and Windows 2000 systems. According to Microsoft, about 80 million Microsoft Windows customers
use these services monthly.

Examples of popular applications covered under the Genuine Advantage program include Windows Media Player,
DirectX for gaming and the new Windows anti-spyware products.

Microsoft uses an ActiveX control to validate users' software automatically. It is able to identify a
genuine system by doing several checks. The text string entered into the browser appears to defeat the scan
and allow updates.

A Microsoft spokesperson stressed expressed concern that users might mistake this issue as a security
vulnerability rather than one of piracy.

"WGA differentiates genuine Windows software from counterfeit software enabling customers to enjoy the
capabilities they expect, confidence that their software is authentic and [take advantage of] ongoing system
improvements that help them do more with their PCs, including over $450 in software and discounts only available
to genuine users," the spokesperson said. "Because of the high value we are providing to genuine users, we're
not surprised hackers would try a number of methods to circumvent the safeguards provided by WGA."

According to the spokesperson, the company was investigating the claims at this time and would take action
in response as appropriate. "As the validation system is updated from time to time, we will address this and other
issues that may arise," he continued.

"Keep in mind, our objective with WGA is to empower users who are victims of piracy and counterfeiting by
enabling them to receive genuine Windows. Over 40 million people chose to participate over the past 10 months,
which tells us that customers value what our program has to offer," he concluded.

sir,i searched the file location,but the file was not there.
please suggest me another location as i can get helped.
bye
thanks in advance....

sir,i searched the file location,but the file was not there.
please suggest me another location as i can get helped.
bye
thanks in advance....

Try www.microsoft.com Do not come here looking for ways to pass Windows validation please.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.