I've been stuck in safe mode with a blank screen for quite a while now. I have been waiting for almost 2 hours now and nothing is happening. I don't know if I did something wrong or there are just too many programs.

I tried restarting the computer twice, but nothing happens. It is the same blank screen. Whenever I try ctrl + alt + del, my task manager does not show up. Instead, it will restart my computer once again.

I really do not want to reinstal xp because I have a lot of files that have not been backed up.

I used the run>msconfig>check /safemode method. I have XP home edition. Also, this is the first time that I tried rebooting in safe mode.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I used the run>msconfig>check /safemode method. I have XP home edition. Also, this is the first time that I tried rebooting in safe mode.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

In safe mode open msconfig and make sure you unchecked /safemode and make sure general startup is selected under the general tab.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.