trying to uninstall yahoo messenger get message cannot open install log file can anyone help

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Try reinstalling it, then uninstalling again.

Moved to XP forum

trying to uninstall yahoo messenger get message cannot open install log file can anyone help

Some programs won't uninstall if running, go to start/run type in 'msconfig' this will open the System Configuration Utility, click oh the last tab 'start up' and just untick Yahoo Messenger, click apply. I always repeat this process, 1 to check & 2 you can click on OK this time. So next time you turn on your PC Yahoo wont start, and should be easy to remove. Remove from control panel, add or remove , but this doesnt delete all the yahoo messenger folders/files on your pc. Although yahooo messenger wont be a problem, if I delete something I do a search, ie 'yahoo messenger' and delete whats left through the search result window, can be legnthy. Hope this helps.
Eamonn.

Having a problem with uninstalling Yahoo Messenger. Have never used it, do not have toolbar installed. Keep getting pop up when trying to uninstall that says "could not locate INSTALL.LOG file". Can anyone help please? Thanks!

Having a problem with uninstalling Yahoo Messenger. Have never used it, do not have toolbar installed. Keep getting pop up when trying to uninstall that says "could not locate INSTALL.LOG file". Can anyone help please? Thanks!

You can try to use Final Uninstaller to tackle this problem. It can completely remove all leftover files and registry entries of the program.
Final Uninstaller download: http://www.finaluninstaller.com/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.