Hello all (that read this)

I have noticed in IE that for all images over a certan size, when the user hovers the mouse pointer over the image, he or she is given the option of either saving, printing, or emailing that image - or opening his or her images folder. I think it looks really tacky and am wondering if there is any way to turn off this option.

Thanks
Dave.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

have you tried right clciking on the little bar !:)
And don't come back some day and ask how to get that great little feature back .LOL

hehe, sorry I did not explain myself correctly... I use the feature and like it - what I want to do is disable it for specific pictures that are on a website that I am developing.... example: we support the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) - and it looks bad when that comes up on their logo.

Thanks again,
Dave.

I think to do that you would have to write a program to turn off the bar on my computer , and load it on the My computer when I go to the site .how else could you have control over what my computer does .

That's what I was afraid of - I don't like dropping programs on peoples computers. Guess I will just have to cut up the image and put it back together as pieces that are too small to have the bar pop up.

Thanks for your help
Dave.

PS due to your signature I download SpyBot (I already use everything else mentioned). Just wanted to say thanks for providing a useful link.

your welcome

Hello all (that read this)

I have noticed in IE that for all images over a certan size, when the user hovers the mouse pointer over the image, he or she is given the option of either saving, printing, or emailing that image - or opening his or her images folder. I think it looks really tacky and am wondering if there is any way to turn off this option..

I know there is a Javascript technique (or maybe a Java applet?) to prevent the possibility of saving out an image, though I don't know exactly what is required -- but I do know it exists. Something like "roll over the graphic but the script hides it." Some "adult" sites use this technique.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.