I have files in my temp internet folder that wont delete and cant be renamed.
how can I remove them. they are .htm files it says
aslcount.htm;cmd=red&&rdm=07824497&dlv=7,182,5509,236,458&kid=236&chc=236-248-413-325-504-107-276-230-229-277-554-267-221-&dmn=ool-182c8051.dyn.optonline[1].htm

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Maybe you could do it in 'safe' mode?

tried that too can't delete it.

I have files in my temp internet folder that wont delete and can't be renamed.

Is your root filesystem NTFS or FAT32? If it's NTFS, get the NTFS boot floppy and delete the Content.ie5 directory from the command line. If it's FAT32, use a Windows 98 boot floppy to do the same thing.

You might also want to check out Microsoft's Really Hidden Files for more information and tips. Warning: potentially offensive site name and email address.

it is ntfs where can I get a boot floppy?
will I have to reinstall IE?

it is ntfs where can I get a boot floppy? will I have to reinstall IE?

My first reply included a direct link to the floppy download in the body of the message -- and, no, IE does not need to be reinstalled. The directories under content.ie5 are recreated automagically the next time that you run the program.

I did that but cant figure out how to delete the file.
which option do i choose?

I did that but cant figure out how to delete the file.
which option do i choose?

I have the same problem, how can I scan the drive c: in DOS mode? I type commands like dir, keyb, and it doesn't work. I think there's something that escapes to me, but i'm very stressed for this for days ago and now my mind is overlocked!

I have the same problem, how can I scan the drive c: in DOS mode? I type commands like dir, keyb, and it doesn't work. I think there's something that escapes to me, but i'm very stressed for this for days ago and now my mind is overlocked!

Hi welcome ,you really should have started you own thread ,but anyway ,explain you problem a little better and maybe someone can help .what OS are u using win98/xp /2000,and what scan do you wish to do

Hi welcome ,you really should have started you own thread ,but anyway ,explain you problem a little better and maybe someone can help .what OS are u using win98/xp /2000,and what scan do you wish to do

Oh sorry, now i found the solution... The thing i was trying to do was delete a .htm file that was unable to do, for this i downloaded Killdisk,but it only worked for scan or delete ALL the disk, and i was looking for delete one file only, but at least, i found the program UNLOCKER, it was great!

Thank you for your attention, this is a great forum with nice people!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.