Ok, I have racked my brain trying to figure this one out:confused:. I recently formatted my HD, and my external USB drives keep changing everytime I plug them back int. I don't know if its my card reader, or my U3 drive, I tried disabling the U3 drive, but that didn't help. I have no idea how to keep my drives with the letters that I assign to them

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

i could be wrong but i think it madders what one is blugged in first ,,not really sure if an assined letter would remain once you removed the usb drive.I have a usb 1 gig thumbdrive and a 4 in 1 card reader and it depends on what one i plug in first , as to the one that gets assigned [E]the letter in between my master cdrom and my secondary cdrom .

I don't think its that. I just started having this problem like a month ago or so, before that not a problem. It worked fine, than I don't know what happened but it just started doing it

Oh

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.