whenever I play a movie or music file, no matter what media player I use (vlc, WMP, nero) it doesnt give sound.
Youtube and other internet audio/movie works fine, also windows sounds, audio test, works. But not the media players???
Not even the green bars are jumping? how, help plz

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Check the mute button and check codecs that you have installed, maybe something is missing.

Mute isnt the problem, and last time everything worked fine, its just a few days now. I thought mabey it is the media players, or the files, but the files worked before, as did the players... :(

It's likely you have a codec issue. Try to reinstall all codecs. If you don't already have these codecs, you can check this. (I recommend K-Lite Codec Pack 10.5 FULL)

tnx but didnt work :(

I decided to shearch on Internet. Try all of this.

dammit, still nothing. but the weirdest thing is that the media players dont even show up in the volumemixer (is that right, not using EN windows? Its where you van set your main volume?)

what OS you use?

Windows 7. its a laptop

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.