I have xp on one hard drive and i installed vista public beta on another drive in my computer. The install went fine and i was up and running on both os's. I wanted to access my my documents folder off of my windows xp installation and i was prompted by vista that i needed to apply rights to it so i did and i could access my my documents of xp in vista. Now, when i boot to xp, i get errors that my desktop is not accessible, and my my documents is not accessible. Is there a way to give it rights in xp to view these, or can i disable the rights in vista?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try the Restore feature in Vista. Right click the folder, go to properties and then the Previous Versions tab. Select an earlier date and restore.

I have xp on one hard drive and i installed vista public beta on another drive in my computer. The install went fine and i was up and running on both os's. I wanted to access my my documents folder off of my windows xp installation and i was prompted by vista that i needed to apply rights to it so i did and i could access my my documents of xp in vista. Now, when i boot to xp, i get errors that my desktop is not accessible, and my my documents is not accessible. Is there a way to give it rights in xp to view these, or can i disable the rights in vista?

...M$ might actually be able to help in this case, ...there's a "Feedback" icon on the Vista desktop that provides all kinds of panes to describe a glitch like that. The "Restore" in Vista should help quicker tho as Laser suggests, ...Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools same as in XP, ...hope that helps and let us know how you make out ..."the Old Geek"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.