Hi

I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 8.1 and I have been using it fine, but trying to find everything easily is confusing me. There is a start button but it brings up loads and loads of little things I don't want, or know what they are. Does anyone have any advice about how to have everything I usually use right there when I turn it on rather than having to trawl through everything else. I used to have a Dell and it had Dell Stage and made things super easy - lazy I know, but super duper quick.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I find it pretty easy to navigate through although I am not a windows fan. I barely use it mainly because I can't make eclipse luna to run on my linux but windows button + "S", makes life easier, you can just search for everything you need and all the system tools, just right click the start button. You don't really have to go to the start menu now at all, the search will bring you up any app you are looking for

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.