Hi, I bought a new computer a while ago but my battery seems to be much worse now. Do you have any methods to keep it running as long as possible?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

These are great tips! You think even if its bad already I can still get it back to normal?

Probably not. I've never had any luck trying to rejuvinate an old battery.

Lithium Ion batteries such are commonly used in laptops and other mobile devices have a 1-2 year life expectency. IE, if your system is over a year old, you probably need a new battery. You can purchase one from the system manufacturer for probably a hundred USD, but most are available from 3rd party vendors such as Rakuten.com (formerly Buy.com) for much less, some from the manufacturer of the system (such as HP or Dell) and some from OEM manufacturers. Go with the ones with the best warranty... :-)

And speaking of laptop batteries, my Dell D-630's battery is completely dead and has to run on wall power! It won't take a charge at all... :-( I will be ordering a new battery tonight I think.

If we have socket, they you need to take the battery out of laptop, so as to increase its happy time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.