Is it possible to have the systme restore routine automatically create restore points at different times than the default, or automaticly at set times?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Is it possible to have the systme restore routine automatically create restore points at different times than the default, or automaticly at set times?

You can creat a new restore point whenever you like. I sure you can also set the date and times for automatic resore points. Restore points get created after most system changes aswell.:cheesy:

You can creat a new restore point whenever you like. I sure you can also set the date and times for automatic resore points. Restore points get created after most system changes aswell.:cheesy:

I am familiar with creating restore points manually and I know that restore points are created after most system changes. I also know that there are automatic restore points created at some recurring interval. The problem is finding where to set these automatic restores and resetting the schedule. Where and how is this done?:confused:

In my dealings with any 9xME,XP or an unattended 2k update box, I still find that the best and most reliable backup is onto an External Data Storage Device. Tape,Zipo,40g HDD and finally the floppy. Floppies only good for Boot and ERDs in the behemouth that windows now is. But is better than loss of all data.
My routine is before a System Shutdown a full backup of the .SYS and .PRG files, includeing subs are copied onto the removable device as the system is stable. If and when the system goes Unstable, the good old every shutdown Backup comes in very handy.
Sure the SysRestore is a nifty function, but a root error can be the fall of any OS.

Barry Manilow is the ****!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.