Hello Members,

I had used the Ghost cd to clone my Windows XP and Restore it in another PC. I never need to install any thing in computer but just insert the cd and for bacuking up/ restore.. That is Norton Ghost 11 version i reckon. it never supports Windows 7 backup..

Now ghost version 15 supports windows 7...please share some link to get that version and give me an instruction to follow..

Very very very thanking you!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Im facing same problem with this guy.
Need some help, thanks.

To the OP and Pamela: here's the link to more info about Norton Ghost 15 including options to buy. Quite why you couldn't have Googled that I do not know, unless you were expecting a link to some pirated version which would be against the rules here at DaniWeb (both posting it, and asking for it).

http://www.symantec-norton.com/Norton_Ghost_15.0_p115.aspx

unless you were expecting a link to some pirated version

In case the OP didn't notice, Macrium Reflect is FREE for personal use and does cloning (plus a lot of other stuff).

I don't have a link for the version you are looking for but I think you would be much better off using the free version of Macrium Reflect.

thank you Jim!

i just went through the youtube tutorials for to use Macrium Reflect..

But i have a query in the process, that is..

Step 1: Installing Macrium Reflect and backing up the working OS, is ok.

Step 2: For to restore a image, what can i do,

In case ' i have no working OS on my PC but i only have working OS image on my HDD' 

what cd i need to insert?

This may be a silly query/doubt ...but please reply!

Once you have Reflect running you can go to

Other Tasks -> Create Rescue Media

From there you can create a bootable USB or DVD. The first time you do this, Reflect will download a PE image that will be used to build the rescue media. I keep a bootable USB handy as well as an offline copy of a system image. This is my Armageddon image (in case of hard drive failure). For typical restores, however, you can go to

Other Tasks -> Add Recovery Boot Menu Option

What this does is allow you to boot into the rescue media image that is created on your computer when you buit the USB/DVD image. Once you have done this, every time you cold boot your computer you will see a screen that will ask you to choose between booting Windows or booting WindowsPE. If you do not choose one it will default into Windows.

All of my computers have been set up so that my C partition contains only Windows and installed applications. I relocated all user folders (video, pictures, documents, downloads, etc) to D:. That way I don't have to worry about blitzing my personal files when I restore an image. It also makes my images smaller, however, it means I have to back up my personal files separately (I just use robocopy for this).

You can restore by selecting an image from within Reflect (run from within Windows). You will be asked to reboot into the PE image (Reflect will automatically run when you do this). Or, you can boot into the PE image (or your USB/DVD) and select an image to restore from there.

Let us know how you get on @gurupts

Another convert to Macrium Reflect, I hope. It's really dead simple to get your head around once you get going...

You can also set up schedules to do images. I do a full image on the first of each month and a differential every other day. I could also set it to purge old images but I prefer to do that manually once a month or so.

The paid version allows you to do incremental rather than differential images.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.