I'm running XP with a Creative Soundblaster Live. It was working fine until a few days ago. Now I only get sound from the left speaker. I have run the Creative diagnostics and tested both speakers and they work OK. If I play a CD with Windows Media Player, I only get sound from left speaker.

I have reinstalled the driver.

Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Can you hear the windows startup sound from both speakers? It should, since you wrote the diagnostics ran fine. Then the audio cable from the CD-drive to your SB-Live may be defect or loose (if existing). Have you checked the balance/pan sliders in the Creative Surround Mixer, especially the one at the "CD-Audio" input fader?

Yes, I've tried all these things. Everything works except when I use Windows Media. Other programs play stereo correctly. I have checked all the options in WM but cannot find any that seem to affect the speakers. I need WM for downloading to my MP3 player.

somewhere in media player there will be an option for selecting audio output type, stero / mono / left / right, this may also be in control panel, if that fails try windows media player 11, from windows live.

darren

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.