Hello all!

I'm new to these forums, so give me a chance. You should post a sticky to tells ppl all the information they need to provide in order to get an appropriate response.

I'm running svp2 and I can't get my computer to reboot. When I try, it stops at the "loading screen" with the little blue bar at the bottom. It can stay there forever. Then I have to reboot manually. Then I get a message after bootup telling me that windows didn't start properly last time... After I have to "use last known good configuration". And of course after that any program that wanted me to reboot still asks me to.

Here's my boot.ini file:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

I'll be blad to provide me with any additional information you need.
Thanks a lot.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Anyone got any idea? I've been stuck with this thing for 2 months now...

That's odd...

I know this probably isn't it, but what anti-viruses are ya running?

Also, does rebooting into safe mode work?

I'm running AVG anti-virus, wich may be the cause of the problem, and yes, rebooting in safe mode is doable. Btw, you prob know I can't install any programs because of this, and I was wondering if rebooting in safe mode could allow me to complete an installation procedure.

Thx for the reply

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.