For the last few days my computer has been acting up.After being on for an hour it freezes and shouts down to a blue screen that reads as follows:::I am running windows xp home edition.

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Kernal_Stack_Inpage_error

if this is the first tine you have seen this stop error screen restart your computer,if this screen appears again follow these steps check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.if this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufature for any windows updats you might need.if problem continues diable or remove any new installed hardware or sodtware.Disalbe bios memory options such as caching or shadowing.if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable componets restart your computer press f8 to select advanced startup options.then select safe mode.

Techinal information

***Stop: 0x00000077 (0xc0000056,0xc0000056,0x00000000,0x02309000)

Beganing dump of physical memory

I have removed all my spftware form my computer and the problem has continued..any help would be much appericated,Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Read this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315266

Follow the instructions in the section "Not a bootvirus", then post what the Event Viewer reported.
To use the Event Viewer,
1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.
2.In the console tree, click Event Viewer.

Right click all recent events labeled "error", if you find an entry that might have to do with this stop error, select "properties" and click on the button with the "2 sheets of paper"-icon. This will copy the content to the clipboard. Then Ctrl-V or rightclick-->paste this into the input field here when you post again or open notepad and store it there.

Thank you so much for your help.I actually got my computer restored to about a month back and it fixed the problem but if it happens again I will definately try that..Thanks again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.