I'm not sure if I should post this in Windows Software or here, please move this if I did it in the wrong one, which I've done with like 1/2 my posts...anyways, my dad just got a laptop, and he has a lot of music, and 8 files on my computer, so I want to send them to him, but, the other day I accidently deleted them! Does anyone know of any programs that go back past emptying the recycle bin? I REALLY need 'em or I'm screwed, my dad gets angry when he's angry!

-The Geeky Kid

P.S. He doesn't know yet! :mrgreen:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Thank you sooo much! Last one I tried didn't work, so cross your fingers everyone!

---EDIT AFTER 1/2 THE SCAN WAS DONE---

I don't think it's going to find it :( Someone want to tell me what I should tell my dad? "Sorry dad, I deleted your files." i think not

Don't stop scanning. It's no wonder you didn't find the files. Let the software complete the scan before you decide that it won't find them...

Recycle bin info files serve as a window to the past. Your windows operating system contains numerous recycle bin info files spread throughout hidden areas of the hard drive from which they were deleted. When files are deleted from windows explorer, my computer and other windows applications your O/S keeps track of any files sent by the user to the recycle bin by generating temporary info files. These info files are hidden in a folder on the drive, termed a Recycle folder. Long after your recycle bin is emptied, these temporary info files remain.
In short your data is still there and accessable by the right software until such a point that you overwrite the data clusters on the drive(ie format)
PC inspector (file recovery) is another popular program in addition to the one i previously gave you.
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

Be patient and systematic with your approach and you will succeed...
Let me know how you get on......tell dad that you still have his data, you have just misplaced it, thats all.

Cheers

I'm not sure if I should post this in Windows Software or here, please move this if I did it in the wrong one, which I've done with like 1/2 my posts...anyways, my dad just got a laptop, and he has a lot of music, and 8 files on my computer, so I want to send them to him, but, the other day I accidently deleted them! Does anyone know of any programs that go back past emptying the recycle bin? I REALLY need 'em or I'm screwed, my dad gets angry when he's angry!

-The Geeky Kid

P.S. He doesn't know yet! :mrgreen:

Hello,
I suggest you use EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover files.
Download demo version: http://www.easeus.com/download.htm
You can use "AdvancedRecovery" to scan your corrupted drive. After the scan is complete, the lost file will be displayed in Data Recovery Wizard, you can select them and recover them.
NOTICE: never install in on the harddisk you want to recover.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.