Member Avatar for lordyoyo

I'm using Win XP Media Center Edition on a Toshiba laptop, and there are some weird things going on here. It all started, when I installed a performance booster, after saying a thousand times to mysef, that i'll never use such programs... Anyways, I installed it, i made it boost the system, and i didn't like it. I wanted to undo the things it did, but there was no backup or anything like that. So i simply uninstalled it, and after that the problems began. First the Mozilla Firefox didn't want to load pages. I wrote the adress, i picked it out from the bookmarks, or i used a link, it simply didn't load anything. I rebooted, and since that i didn't have problems with Mozilla, but no p2p download program would work. Until this BitLord and DC++ worked more than perfect, now they're just dumb memory eaters. And I tried Asureus and BitComet, and Utorrent, and now i'm so pissed off, that i'm determined to solve the problem and not install anything for a week - it really gets boring after a while. Please help me! :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Major solution: Uninstall all P2Ps, as nearly all have imbedded software (even if they say "no imbeds", its still imbedded, i promise)

Other then that, ahve you tried system restore?

Member Avatar for lordyoyo

Major solution: Uninstall all P2Ps, as nearly all have imbedded software (even if they say "no imbeds", its still imbedded, i promise)

Other then that, ahve you tried system restore?

I'll have to check if system restore is available, and try that, thanks, and uninstalling p2p programs is a nice alternative too. Would a registry scn help also?

Would a registry scn help also?

No, I don't think so. What the performance booster probably did (if it even did anything) was probably clean the registry, which was sort of your problem.

If you want a good overall cleaner, I would recomend CCleneaner.

However, I would first try to access system restore.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.