Hi there over the last couple of days when i start my computer up a window appears " application launcher " then below in the same window beside a big explantion mark this message appears " unable to load configuration "? I have no idea what this is or how to get rid of it? Is it dangerous? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi there

Ok from your description given it seems you have unistalled something or deleted a file that was a system or program folder.

Let's try this

Click start
Click run
type msconfig
select startup
and in the bottom right select disable all

Why i hear you say ??

We are disabling all the processes set to run at startup to see if this clears the error. If it does you must re enable the start up processes ONE AT A TIME and reboot each time you have enabled a process to find the file with the errror. Patience is needed here.

A grey box will appear each time you restart asking you if you want to acccept this config just select the box left bottom of box and tick it and check for the error again.

Once you have found the file leave it without the tick.

Hope this helps

Darren
South Africa

commented: Thabks for sorting my problem +1

Hi there

Ok from your description given it seems you have unistalled something or deleted a file that was a system or program folder.

Let's try this

Click start
Click run
type msconfig
select startup
and in the bottom right select disable all

Why i hear you say ??

We are disabling all the processes set to run at startup to see if this clears the error. If it does you must re enable the start up processes ONE AT A TIME and reboot each time you have enabled a process to find the file with the errror. Patience is needed here.

A grey box will appear each time you restart asking you if you want to acccept this config just select the box left bottom of box and tick it and check for the error again.

Once you have found the file leave it without the tick.

Hope this helps

Darren
South Africa

Thanks for replying Darren problem solved. Thanks for your help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.