I had to download Compaq IJ650 and HP PSC 500 printers to a Presario 5320 again because of an electrical stroke through cabe network. Now neither of the printers is responding to commands. Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You're saying you re-downloaded and re-installed the printer drivers for your printers? If there was an electrical problem such as a power surge, updating the software isn't going to fix it: odds are it's unfortunately the actual hardware. How did you re-install the software? Did you first uninstall the old version?

You're saying you re-downloaded and re-installed the printer drivers for your printers? If there was an electrical problem such as a power surge, updating the software isn't going to fix it: odds are it's unfortunately the actual hardware. How did you re-install the software? Did you first uninstall the old version?

Yes, I did uninstall the old version. What do I need to do? I use the HP PSC500 for scanning and printing. I feel lost without it. Gail

Try installing it on someone else's computer to check if it's in working order. If not, it needs replacement ot repair.

If it works on a different PC but not on yours, perhaps we can work out what the problem is. Please let us know.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.