please excuse me if i am thick, but my computer knowledge is limited.
my friend has just taken delivery of a new computer from dell and is having problems. we have tried to install the modem software and found it taking a hell of a long time so we looked under processes in windows task manager and found "ezi_hnm2.exe" twice in the list. the higher of the two was running at around 80-90, obviously overpowering the program we were trying to run.
can anyboby tell me what it is and does, why it is in the list twice, and what would happen if i stopped it???
when we shut everything down and restarted it was still ther and running even faster!
any help would be greatly appreciated
many thanks
tony

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Have you run any scans for virus, malware, spyware, trojans?

Doing a quick google on this it looks this may be a trojan, try downloading Asquared, reboot into safe mode and run a scan with it.

Have you run any scans for virus, malware, spyware, trojans?

Doing a quick google on this it looks this may be a trojan, try downloading Asquared, reboot into safe mode and run a scan with it.

hi dcc, thanks for the speedy reply, i'll try and do that next time i'm there but i'm not sure it would be a virus as it has not been connected to the net and has only been installed with the minimum software (supplied with the system). i was there today and managed to get him up and running, i used end task on task manager to stop the program and it seems fine after i do that but it comes back each time the system is restarted.
ive tried to find info on the net and it appears to be something to do with "home network manager", but i cant find anything in the programs to indicate this???:confused:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.