Hi all,
I want to know whether i can open excel file using dos command.If so can u give please give me the command and how to do that

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

You can but you need the path.

Hi,
Soory my question was not excatlly up to piont.Actually my need changed.I have to open an excel file in a different computer which is in network by giving a command from my computer.That excel has to open not in my system but in the system where actually the excel file is.ie i m using system 'A' and there is a excel file in system 'B'.I want to open that excel file in system 'B' itself by giving a command from system 'A'.Is that is possible using a DOS command or batch file or is there is any other method.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I guess.

Not too sure, it would help if the user has their firewall turned off and you probably need administrator rights.

If that's the case you could use the at command to add a scheduled task that will open up the excel file.

at [ipaddress of computer you want] [time] [path to application]

etc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.