please..I really do need help..and as the question states..for whatever reason all my players in my PC suddenly can't play DVD-rom..
it was working fine the other day...but then the next day when I inserted the same dvd-rom, all my players suddenly can't play them...

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Have you tried system restore to the date before it messed up?

Have you tried system restore to the date before it messed up?

system restore..?...umm...I'm sorry..but can I know what's that..?..or how could I do that..?

system restore..?...umm...I'm sorry..but can I know what's that..?..or how could I do that..?

Start -> execute -> "c:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe"

The rest is simple. Just make sure that the restorepoint isn't older then say two weeks.

regards Niek

Start -> execute -> "c:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe"

The rest is simple. Just make sure that the restorepoint isn't older then say two weeks.

regards Niek

thanks for the help..but...my system can't seam to restore...I tried many times..but the system just can't restore eventhough it hasn't exceed two weeks...
I tried playing my other DVD-rom and they are fine..
the weird thing is that there is this one DVD-rom that can't be played by any players on my pc...I'm pretty sure that the dvd is fine since it could be played before this...
I wonder if there is anything to do with taking screenshots using "power DVD"..that's because after taking a couple of screenshots..the next day when I inserted the dvd-rom..it couldn't play...I took the screenshots form disc 2..and weirdly even the disc 1 of the same series couldn't be played by my pc...

I wonder what's going on...
helps are really appreciated....

You will have to finalise the dvd. Then it will run fine.

You will have to finalise the dvd. Then it will run fine.

how should I "finalise" it..?

Use your powerDVD pgm?
With NERO you just load the dvd, check the finalise boxand select burn.

Use your powerDVD pgm?
With NERO you just load the dvd, check the finalise boxand select burn.

burn..?..hmm..I'm not burning any DVD or are you saying that I should burn it into a new DVD..?..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.