My computer came back form the repair shop today and now when I turn it on I'm being asked for a password (windows XP). How do I by pass this to get to the desktop, or figure out how to change whatever password they installed on my behalf. I'm desperate - I have work critical work to do and no way to get to it. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

My computer came back form the repair shop today and now when I turn it on I'm being asked for a password (windows XP). How do I by pass this to get to the desktop, or figure out how to change whatever password they installed on my behalf. I'm desperate - I have work critical work to do and no way to get to it. Thanks!

Ring the repair shop and ask em what password they used.

did u try certain password to login..I had the similar problem, but i just left it blank and loged in. You could also try "password" and "admin" sometimes repair shops use these as a password..they are most common

as soon as the PC starts up hammer f8 repeatedly until you get to a screen with options. Choose safe mode then "Administrator" at the login screen. Then when logged in as the superadministrator, remove the password

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.