Hi,
I have 2 operating system installed on my computer. Windows Xp and 98.
If I want to install "Windows Me" on third partition, how can I configure and install such an operating system?
From where can I install Windows Me? ( Xp/ 98)

My Computer spec:
Pentium 3, 256 MB RAM,
40 GB, 4 partition HDD

It is very easy to install windows xp above the windows 98. XP has the ability to automatically configure 'boot.ini' file.

Hope somebody would help me.
Anish
Mahatma Gandhi colony

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

The best place to install ME would be the trash, it is the worst thing M$ ever came up with. This is the OS that coined the phrase Black Screen of Death.

Sorry for the editorial, that didn't really answer your question. Yes you can install three operating systems on one hdd.

Hello My dear,
I had asked a question regarding the installation of win ME. But you make a ASS. I am well aware with Win ME. Any way thanks for your kind representation.

The best place to install ME would be the trash, it is the worst thing M$ ever came up with. This is the OS that coined the phrase Black Screen of Death.

Sorry for the editorial, that didn't really answer your question. Yes you can install three operating systems on one hdd.

Hello My dear,
I had asked a question regarding the installation of win ME. But you make a ASS. I am well aware with Win ME. Any way thanks for your kind representation.

It is unfortunate that you find my comment regarding ME derogative, I'm only stating what seems to be a general consensus in most all forums that I have read about it in. Have a nice day.

have you tried just to install it on the third partition? Hmm, i don't now whether boot.ini file will be messed up, but i might be. May be it's worth to use 3d party boot manager. Here is a good one - os selector.

Microsoft has a comprehensive article on multiple-boot configurations, it can be read here.

You can have as many OS installations as you have partitions.

Maybe he wants ME because he has some software with quirks in it which were put there to make it work iwth ME.

I still have Win 3.1 because I have some software I need that for.

go ahead and install your third OS. But unless you make XP the last OS that you install you will need to get a boot manager. So. It's either get a boot manager, or uninstall Xp, install ME and then install XP again.
We should all have that much fun in our lives.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.