Hi,

I'm having a bit of an issue here. Im running Windows XP Pro on an Intel DG965SS Mobo, 2GB RAM, Intel 2.8Mhz P4 LGA.

After the windows loading screen it goes to the Desktop and I can see all my icons (My Computer etc.) but I can't use/see my task bar for about 1-2 mins. I'm guessing it's got something to do with my network settings as I can access/browse all local drives while I'm waiting for the task bar to load but as soon as I try browse to a mapped/network drive I have to wait out the pause for my taskbar to load.

It's nothing critical but is slighty irritating and I would like to know whats causing it.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Check the task manager to see what is running. You might also run scans for an infection.

if you've got an always-on connection i bet it is a whole swag of updaters phoning home. there are some real issues with some of those.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.