I was on the net when i got infected with spyware as indicated by an icon in the taskbar. I used adaware to recify this and now every time i connect to the internet i get a "Generic Host Process for Win32 Sevices has encountered a problem and needs to close". My browser and other web applications don't seem to recognise a connection and i cannot download windows updates or anything. Everytime i click the connection icon in the taskbar i see the window flash for a millisecond and goes away, but the icon remains until i restart the computer. Don't know what to do? It think i got winxp Home sp2 .

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try doing a last known good configuration.

err how do I do that?

and i think i got the problem from the windows updates because i was updating the machine when a series of errors occurred and then the spyware infection and this so if i go back and then try to update the machine the same thing may happen.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.