Is dis gonna affect the effectiveness of the rest?

It should be OK; not all of the .dlls listed in antioed's solution will be present on every Windows installation. In the particular case of msjava.dll, if you have Sun's version of Java installed (instead of Microsoft's), msjava.dll probably isn't registered on your system.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH ANTIOED!
Many hours i have searched & searched to fix this. I have to go back an unpost what i just posted somewhere on this site a few minutes ago!

If previos suggestions aren't getting the link window to open...find you original cd and follow the suggestions below. Allow the computer to reboot as it suggests. jp,

HOW TO...
Fix links that won't open in new browser

Symptom sounds similar to this...

I am unable to open any links in a new window. A link will open in the same window, i.e., the page will change to the linked page, but when trying to open in a new window, a browser pops up, it is kind of see through, and it never opens to that page....

Answer
This has been a common problem with IE6 on Win98. The usual fix is to restore the oleaut32.dll from the Win98 cab files using the System File Checker:

Using System File Checker to extract files

1. Go to Start>Run and enter SFC and click OK
2. Check "Extract one File"
3. Enter the file name (oleaut.dll)and click on "Start"
4. In the "Restore from" field enter:: D:\WIN98 [if 'D' is not the letter of your CD-Rom drive, modify appropriately]
5. Click OK

[if you do not have a Windows system CD, try subsitituting c:\windows\options\cabs in the"restore from field"](however, depending on how the os was installed, these may be blank and you will still need the CD)

Thanks, fix my problem. Was exactly as you described.

Hi,
I have that same problem, it happened after I installed an add software,
I un installed that software, and then installed IE6 three times with re install all components, tried all solutions on these 3 pages, I only get this message with run>regsvr32 Shell32.dll

shell32.dll was loaded, but the dllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
dllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of Shell32.dll may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it.

I tried run>pview, I got file not found, so I do not know what PView is

I used SFC to get a fresh copy of shell32.dll, reboot as needed still that problem exist.

I have IE 6.0.28 with Win98 SE.
The work around is copy shortcut then past in the new window's address box, click go, but some sites open a box to ask your agreement on something, this copy/Pase methode does not work specially when the opened window does not have adress bar to pase into, and I can not continue, Sometimes it is a page to pay with credit card or somethin so I can't Finish what I started, please if you have a solution, I appreciate your help

Thanks

Hi Maged,

First of all- welcome to TechTalk! :)

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please try to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, etc.).

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_faq#faq_rules

Thanks for understanding.

Sorry, and Thanks, I will

Sorry, and Thanks, I will

And I see that you have now. Thanks. :)

Wow - looks like this thread helped a lot of people! I dont' even remember how I found the info...glad it helped so many!

Wow - looks like this thread helped a lot of people!...glad it helped so many!

And so are we, antioed; thanks for the info. :)

Due to the fact that the member who originally started this thread has not responded in quite a long time, this thread is considered abandoned and has been closed.

In accordance with our posting rules, other members having similar problems should start their own threads and post their questions there. In order to help us help you most quickly, please include as much information about your problem as possible in your posts.

If the member who originally started this thread wishes to have the thread reopened, please send your request, including a link to this thread, to one of our moderators via email or Private Message.

Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.