well at it agian. once agian i have had to tell people why i cant fix it.

here is the storym
my brother bought a game for his new computer. game hs modest, to low end, system requirements. basicaly a 3d card, 128Mb ram, 8 meg video card and a 500Mhz

his laptop is a P4 2.4Ghz, 256MB ram, radeon 7500M (and a rather crapy sound card)

however every time the game enters a section that uses 3d graphics it crashes after a few seconds. during those few seconds u get that horrible "broken glass" effect. then it gives a classic memmory/dll error in a blue screen. needs rebooted.

well i know well that is usally a driver issue. so i go and downlaod the driver. however it then remember the first issue with this computer.

this laptop has a nasty "trick" to insure that only windowsXP is used. i originaly went to install win2000. also only a dell driver can be used. despit the fact it is a pure radeon card (some sort of hardware between the card and CPU or some dell firmware)

so i am forced to say "hey, nothing i can do here" i dont feel like spending hours toying with drivers or programming. I already tried that when installing win2000.

strangly i have pushed this laptop. it has little to no issues with games like UT2003, postal 2, wolf: E T, and unreal 2. and those need top of the line.
also the drivers from dell have not changed in some months

What game is it? The computer just doesn't like this one game? Perhaps it has a problem with Radeon mobility cards? I used to have a problem w/ my Radeon and "The Sims" ... it kept randomly restarting my computer (due to a bugcheck, according to the event viewer)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.