All seems fine and i get to "setup copying files" until it says - *file name* wasnt copied correctly, i press retry and it shows this to some other files but retry works. But to some file it shows another message - could not copy and thats the problem. Retry doesnt work to that. I can install Windows XP from the same CD on my old machine without any problems. What the hell should i do? :confused:

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Remove any addin cards if any like sound and modem nic cards ect ect ,just leaving video and ram and try install over again ,then add cards back in one ata time after full install is done

I removed all cards and stuff. I have only the Video card, RAM, CD-ROM, HDD connected and it still cant copy some files. I tryed to start adding some cards like modem and LAN but it didnt work. Maybe i did it wrong. When exactly should i add them?

Have you got two RAM modules installed? If so, try them one at a time, in Slot 1, and see if that helps. RAM incompatibilities can cause this problem.

What is the make/model of CD-ROM in the system? Perhaps it's the problem?

I have one RAM module and ive just found out that it was connected to the second slot. I added it to the first one and will try again now.

And i have an LG 52x CD-ROM, DVD+CD-RW is unpluged.

Any surface scratches on that Windows CD? One drive might be having more trouble reading it than another ;)

Have you got two RAM modules installed? If so, try them one at a time, in Slot 1, and see if that helps. RAM incompatibilities can cause this problem.

What is the make/model of CD-ROM in the system? Perhaps it's the problem?

I have the same problem as exultant with my new machine. I am running dual channel (2x512mb) Mushkin memory, but they are the same exact,sold together as dual channel sticks, so most likely they should be compatible. I may try one at a time though. I have tried to differnt Windows XP Pro w/ SP1 CDs and they both give me that same error where the files were not copied correctly. I have no PCI cards installed. I have a graphics card, floppy, HDD, and my samsung 52x cd-rom running. I am using a P4 3.2E. The only thing I can think of right now is that my Samsung might be bad... HELP!!! this is frustrating .... Thanks in advance

Hi dmbfan819, welcome to TechTalk :)

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there.

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforu...b_faq#faq_rules

Thanks for understanding.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.