I'v done some reading on this site already about similar problems to my own but decided it was best to make my own thread considering i have some different problems from the other users.
-
My computer shut down by itself the other day and I was thrown into the endless boot cycle where it would start up give me four options for starting up (Safe mode, Safe mode with networking, Safe mode with control panel, Last Known configuration and Normally) None of which sucessfully started windows and eventually ended up bringing me back to the same screen.

I have no discs for this computer and I'm running on a Gateway 830GM, I don't want to re-format if I dont NEED to and i would like to try an save as many files as I can (Pictures, Itunes ect.)

I used the F8 method and "Disabled Autmoatic Reboot" and got the blue screen of death with the following Error Code;

Technical Information:

STOP: 0x000000ED (0x86375700, 0xc0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have no idea what this error code means. I'm pretty positive I didn't install any hardware or software recently so I think that eliminates that theory. This has also happened before and I think I'm running on my Recovery Disc rather than my normal hard drive.

I cleaned out my computer of dust and everything but it still seems to be inoperable. The only thing I could think of was that maybe I'v run out o fmemory on my recovery disc and its given up on me?

Any help is VERY much appreciated

ED

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

if you have access to another computer you can make this very easy -

put your HDD in another system temporarily and copy the contents of YOUR c:\windows\repair into YOUR c:\windows\system32\config

or

if you can GET a windows installation disc -

boot from the cd

at the first setup screen press ENTER to install windows

press F8 to accept the agreement

and then press R to do a repair install if you are given the option (none of your data will be harmed)

(if you have a pc repair shop local to you drop in and ask for a copy of xp home OEM.. most places will burn you a copy of the media for a buck or free.. (they'll also try to convince you to bring the system to them for 50-100$.. don't get into conversation just ask for the disc)

if you have access to another computer you can make this very easy -

put your HDD in another system temporarily and copy the contents of YOUR c:\windows\repair into YOUR c:\windows\system32\config

or

if you can GET a windows installation disc -

boot from the cd

at the first setup screen press ENTER to install windows

press F8 to accept the agreement

and then press R to do a repair install if you are given the option (none of your data will be harmed)

(if you have a pc repair shop local to you drop in and ask for a copy of xp home OEM.. most places will burn you a copy of the media for a buck or free.. (they'll also try to convince you to bring the system to them for 50-100$.. don't get into conversation just ask for the disc)

thanks alot

Hi, I find an article for you to resolve the problem.

Last post on this thread was Jul 1st, 2007

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.