OK, I just want to know if certain upgrades will be compatible on my PC. So far, I have had some yay's and nay's so I just want to be sure. Right now, I have a eMachines T3506. My system specs are below. I already have a 2gb of RAM upgrade on the way. I just need to know if my system would be able to take an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz processor, Cooler Master eXtreme 600 watt internal ATX power supply, and a PNY Geforce 8800 320MB PCI Express video card. As you can see, I'm really trying get this thing to be a great powerhouse. I just need reassurance that I'm doing the right thing before I spend any kind of money, so any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
Specs:
MB: MB, RC410 10/100 LAN - INTEL MBEM4006117R
CPU: CPU,Cel D 352 3.2GHz 533FSB 512K LGA775B
CPU Fan Type: Fan Heatsink P4 AVC
HDD: HDD, 120GB 7200rpm
Memory: Mem, DDR-RAM 512MB (Max. 2GB)
ODD1: COMBO, CDRW/DVD 48X32+DVD16X
Power Supply: PS, 300 Watt
Video: ATI Radeon X200, integrated
Chassis: Chassis,Nexgen 3 MAIN FRAME

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Did you build this unit? I just went to the intel support site and search for your board number and it couldn't fine it. You need to fine the specs on your board and it should answer your question about the core 2 chip.

Did you build this unit? I just went to the intel support site and search for your board number and it couldn't fine it. You need to fine the specs on your board and it should answer your question about the core 2 chip.

yes i actually went to Intel and found out that my board doesn't support Duo processors. I'm leaning towards buying an Intel Pentium 4 661. Thanks for your reply because I didn't even know that you couldn't just install any processor you wanted. I thought if it was Intel, it would work since I already have an Intel installed, but that just shows how much I know about PCs.

Now something else to keep in mine, is the one you have a pin type or does it just lay on the socket? If you really want a duo core processor, go to WWW.Newegg.com and search their motherboards.Their prices are about the best all around and they have great service and shipping.
Don't feel bad about not knowing about that processor, I just recently found out that you can't just plug in just any memory card in and expect it to work. Type as well as speed have to match. These toys we play with can be right finity at times. Good thing is that it's a learning process for everyone. So hang in there and don't worry to much about the mistakes you are bound to make, the guys and dolls here at Daniweb are here to help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.