my machine stats are this:

BioStar TFR 570 (motherboard)
EGForce 7600gs
SATA 300 gig HD
2 gigs DDR2-6400 800mhz RAM
600w powersupply
Combo CDRW/DVD drive
Vista Prem.

I have had this machine for alittle over a month now and have had numerous "Kernel_Stack_Inpage_Error" blue screens. I have had Vista reinstalled, after it completly quit on me. I have been told that it's Vista but Im not buying it. Im thinking its a compatablity problem somewhere...maybe Vista all together. These guys Im using now are new to me and I'm not trusting everything they are telling me, my old Comp-Guy has sold his shop and moved away.

Anyway, what can you guys tell me about my computer problems. Why such an unstable machine? What are my options at this point?

Have you tried visiting the Microsoft Support page for this yet?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315266

They suggest to run a virus check on your boot sector, and if no virus is found to try the following.

Personally the first thing I would do is test your memory.

You can download the iso of a free memory tester at http://www.memtest86.com/

•View the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that help you determine the device that is causing the error.
•Bad block. Stop 0x77 is caused by a bad block in a paging file, or a disk controller error, or in extremely rare cases it is caused when non-paged pool resources are unavailable.•If the first and second parameters are 0, then the stack signature was not found in the kernel stack. The cause of this issue is defective hardware. If the I/O status is C0000185 and the paging file is on a SCSI-based hard disk, you should verify the disk cabling and SCSI termination.
•If the I/O status code is 0xC000009C or 0xC000016A, this normally indicates that the data could not be read from the disk due to a bad block.
•If you can restart your computer after the error message, Autochk runs automatically and tries to map out the bad sector. If for some reason Autochk does not scan the hard disk for errors, manually start the disk scanner. If your computer is formatted with the NTFS file system, run Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition. You must restart your computer before the disk scan begins. If you cannot start your computer due to this issue, use the Command Console and run Chkdsk /r.
•Defective or unreliable random access memory (RAM) is another common cause of this issue.
•Verify that all the adapter cards in your computer are properly seated.
•Ensure that all adapter card contacts are clean.
•Disable system caching in the BIOS to see if this resolves the error.
•If this does not resolve the issue, your computer mainboard (motherboard) may be damaged.

Hi,

Although this probably isnt much help...

I got a Vista machine to add to my home network. I found it had severe compatability problems with XP and was unable to use network resources. You could be experiencing compatability problems as well.

Unfortunately the only solution I could come up with was to replace the Vista with XP. Not much help, sorry :-)

Have you tried visiting the Microsoft Support page for this yet?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315266

They suggest to run a virus check on your boot sector, and if no virus is found to try the following.

Personally the first thing I would do is test your memory.

You can download the iso of a free memory tester at http://www.memtest86.com/

hey, im newto this forum so bear with me plz, lol. ok, so lets see, where to start... i have a

Compaq Presario
1024 MB Mem.
200 GB Hard drive
Nividia GeForce6150 SE
AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 Dual Core Proccesor 3800+
it came stock with Vista Home Premium.

we had Many problems with it over the year and a half we had had it, so we switched to XP. since we had that copy of XP installed on another PC already, we had to re-register it, but the activation Keys we put in didnt work, so we kept it for 30 days, till the grace period ran out, and the PC shut down. after that, we found a copy of Vista Business that came with my school PC and installed it. same thing happed with the XP, CD Keys not working, have less than 30 days till it shuts down.

i like playing video games and i play Microsoft Flight Simulator X a lot, along with some other video games, the PC gets the kernel_stack_inpage_error at least 5 times a day, and i stress AT LEAST very much. mostly while im playing the games, and some times when im just surfing the web; or just writing something on Microsoft Word for school! and it gets verry annoying when im trying to play a game, and wasent able to save, or i was hosting a server, for my clan, or writing a 10 page school assignment and having it all erased!!!!! me and my friend are tech geeks, so we tryed everything on that windows help page, and everything else we knew how to do, it says the PC is fine, and we downloaded a free virus checker/protector program. still says PC is fine. which we know its not.

so any other help you guys can give me would be VERY VERY HELP FULL!!!!

hey, im newto this forum so bear with me plz, lol. ok, so lets see, where to start... i have a

Compaq Presario
1024 MB Mem.
200 GB Hard drive
Nividia GeForce6150 SE
AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 Dual Core Proccesor 3800+
it came stock with Vista Home Premium.

we had Many problems with it over the year and a half we had had it, so we switched to XP. since we had that copy of XP installed on another PC already, we had to re-register it, but the activation Keys we put in didnt work, so we kept it for 30 days, till the grace period ran out, and the PC shut down. after that, we found a copy of Vista Business that came with my school PC and installed it. same thing happed with the XP, CD Keys not working, have less than 30 days till it shuts down.

i like playing video games and i play Microsoft Flight Simulator X a lot, along with some other video games, the PC gets the kernel_stack_inpage_error at least 5 times a day, and i stress AT LEAST very much. mostly while im playing the games, and some times when im just surfing the web; or just writing something on Microsoft Word for school! and it gets verry annoying when im trying to play a game, and wasent able to save, or i was hosting a server, for my clan, or writing a 10 page school assignment and having it all erased!!!!! me and my friend are tech geeks, so we tryed everything on that windows help page, and everything else we knew how to do, it says the PC is fine, and we downloaded a free virus checker/protector program. still says PC is fine. which we know its not.

so any other help you guys can give me would be VERY VERY HELP FULL!!!!

You will need to purchase a legitimate copy of XP. If not you will not get access to the updates and support.

@beanboy117
You really need to start new thread for your question as besidesthe fact that your issues are only {i]partially[/i] related to those of the OP's, this post it over two years old!!

To clarify one point... Vista does NOT have compatibility issues with an XP-based home-network (or any other network source). It simply by default will not connect to an unsecured network user (ie, a user account not PW protected), and just like XP Home, the lesser SKU's of Vista do not have domain logging capabilities (the biggest ramification bring the inability to save network ID's/passworks, thus not auto-connection).

For further assistance with these issues, please begin new thread.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.