these two entries are alongside my normal hijackthis logfile:

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'Default user')

hijackthis.de said they were Microsoft Application Error reporting. (Which i''m guessing would be from some random errors a while ago.) Does that mean they can go? There was no user feedback to say yay or nay.

also O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE is apprently really bad but has always been on my acer laptop sinice i bought it. (running windows xp media centre).

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Do you think the alcmtr.exe could be causing my BSOD which are because of a "device clashing with windows" ? And is the scan on that site safe?

thanks for the info btw.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

The above links are for info only..not for scan (may be unsafe i have no more info about that site).
alcmtr.exe is Realtek sound device software you can disable it through msconfig utility>startup or click on run and type services.msc and click ok..here also you can disable the services by right click on it select properties.

cheers, i disabled it through startup, we'll see what happens.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

great..!!! you have done that i hope it will now work better.
Thanks..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.